Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, October 25, 2009

PINE NEEDLE BEARS - Incredible

What do you do when you decide to be a poor country folk artist?

With little money (if any) you must be creative. Use your resources.
This artist did just that.
What do you find in the mountains of Idaho ?.........PINE TREES.
You're thinking something made out of wood......Right?
Not even close. Check out these pictures.
These bears are made from Pine Needles!!!!
A couple of hundred thousand of them in one large bear.
The pine needles were gathered off the ground, sorted, washed, trimmed and hand woven.
Over 8 months in making the life size bear!



On the Salmon River
 The Bear he calls
'Mountain Magic~ A New Life'








Bear with Carved Fish



'White Heart'. A Life Size Black Bear and 'Little Bear Innocence' the cub


To make a living the artist carves Antlers and other materials.

Moose, Deer, Elk, horn, wood, ivory and more..
Whatever he can find.




Check out all these Moose Antler carvings.












Nothing goes to waste.




His talented work should be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin