Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Means Apples!



Fall Fruit means Apples! They are so versatile.
There is an elderly couple that live on one of our backroads,
that I buy Apples and Pomegranites from each year.
Applesauce is usually the first thing I make,
it fills the house with such a great smell.
I always put hide a quart away for my Easter dinner.
Here's a couple great recipes I use every Fall.


Applesauce

8 pounds Apples, peeled, cored, and quartered (24 cups)
1 to 1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon (optional)`

In a large pot combine Apples and 2 cups Water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for about 8-10 minutes,  stiring often.
Remove from heat.
Mash Apples with a potato masher till smooth.
If you like it on the chunky side, just slightly mash Apples to your preference.
Add Sugar and, if desired, Cinnamon to Apples.


Mix thoroughly. Return to boil.
Spoon boiling Applesauce into hot, clean jars, leaving a 1/2 inch headspace.

Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
Makes 6 pints.

Baked Apples

Halve and core Apples (one per person)
Place on foil covered cookie sheet,
Top each Apple half with a spoon of Brown Sugar
and a dollop of Margarine.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 mins.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, Debbie they both sound so scrumptious and the applesauce looks delicious. My Mom used to make us baked apples. Thanks for sharing the pics and the recipe.
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you had me at brown sugar and butter! Both sound scrumptious! I am going to put "go to orchard" for some apples on my list for the weekend.

    Thank you so much for visiting and your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin